“Half the time I’m doing fine…until my face hits a pan of Brownie Batter and I have no idea how to climb out.”
is a comprehensive online training
program for those who want to
stop feeling crazy around food.
“I can’t keep chips or ice cream in my house…I know I’ll eat them all in one sitting.”
“The concept of ‘body acceptance’ completely freaks me out—I just can’t stop wishing I were thinner.”
This was how I felt for YEARS before I threw in the towel
and said, "fuck this — I'm gonna enjoy
sex and cheesecake and I'm not
gonna let myself feel badly about it either."
I finally learned to start thinking about my body and food
like a healthy, happy person who doesn't struggle each day
with her weightwatchers calculator only to end up
eating frosting with her fingers later that evening.
WEIGHT IS STABLE
— WHERE IT'S MEANT TO BE —
AND MY SANITY
HAS BEEN RESTORED.
I’ve asked some of my previous clients to share their stories about
what it used to be like, so you can make sure you’re in the right place.
“Before working with Isabel, I would literally douse leftover brownies in dish soap and salt so that I wouldn’t later dig ’em out of the trash. My life was about going through the drive thru and buying so much crap that I would order an extra drink so that it looked like the meals were for more people than just me. I was always sneaking candy and hiding the wrappers from my husband — I felt totally helpless and ‘unsafe’ around certain foods, as if they were a loaded gun or something. After working with Isabel, there’s no such thing as ‘trigger foods’ for me, because binges are not part of my world anymore. I made a batch of luscious brownies last week, thoroughly enjoyed a couple, and ended up having to throw the rest out away several days later… because they got stale.” — HOLLY C., CLIENT, CHEYENNE, WY
“My food always looked ‘normal’ from an outside perspective…but my mind was worrying about food all the time. I was constantly trying to find the ‘perfect food plan,’ constantly thinking about food —thoughts about food took up a huge amount of real estate in my brain. Judging myself constantly based on what I ate was so draining – emotionally, physically and psychologically. I’d learned about ‘intuitive eating’ previously, but at those times I took the information in with a ‘diet mindset,’ since that’s all I knew. Isabel’s program was the first one to help me break out of those old and worn out set of control based beliefs that were holding me back from real freedom and sanity.” — ROSE L., CLIENT, NEW YORK, NY
"getting your food under control..."
It’s about being so excited by your dinner companion that you don’t even notice the bread basket in front of you…
It’s about googling something other than Paleo recipes in your spare time.
It’s about being able to co-exist with cookies…without completely losing your shit.
It’s about putting on a bathing suit, and jumping in the (literal and figurative) pool!
from "crazy around food" to...
“I’m so busy with more important things, I literally forget to eat sometimes.”
“I can eat any food I want—even for (gasp!) emotional comfort—without spinning ‘out of control.’”
“I fricken LOVE my body and my sex life is crazy; there is no position I won’t try with the lights on.”
“Food just isn’t a big deal anymore. I don’t really think about it unless I’m hungry…or grocery shopping.”
WHAT THE HELL DOES "NORMAL" EATING EVEN MEAN? HOW TO MAKE DECISIONS WITH YOUR BODY INSTEAD OF YOUR BRAIN.
- Why relinquishing control eradicates binge-eating and how you can make practical use of this information to stop rummaging through your cabinets gasping for food.
- How to make decisions around food without “rules,” “control,” or a diet to follow (e.g. how to make “healthful” choices around food without obsessing or thinking too much).
- What people mean when they say “listen to your body”—clear direction for those of us who “just don’t get it.”
- Common intuitive eating pitfalls and how to avoid them…for those of us who have “tried and failed” intuitive eating in the past (this was me for a very long time, so really, I get it).
- The subtle difference between “intuitive eating” and “normal eating.” HINT: the difference between them is mainly psychological and often the missing link in developing a healthy relationship with food.
EVERYTHING YOU EVER WANTED TO KNOW ABOUT "PURE" EMOTIONAL EATING - A RADICAL PERSPECTIVE.
- The difference between “sitting on your hands trying not to eat,” and “I totally forgot about those cookies in the cupboard.” Or the difference between the “Don’t-Eat-Emotionally Diet” and food actually losing its power.
- Why resisting emotional eating often leads to more emotional eating, and how to handle this paradoxical situation.
- How to deal with underlying drivers of emotional eating without falling back into diet-mentality— that is, three core strategies that won’t lead to rebound.
- The “real addiction” that emotional eating almost always presupposes…and how to let it go.
- Some alternative perspectives on emotional eating that will blow your head out of the water. HINT: our beliefs about our behaviors often keep us stuck in the cycle.
EVERYTHING YOU EVER WANTED TO KNOW ABOUT BINGE-EATING (AND HOW TO END THE CYCLE).
- Why people keep binge-eating after they’ve “stopped dieting.” Ending traditional diets is NOT the only solution here…you have to make a psychological shift.
- The primary emotions that cause binge-eating, and how to deal with them. HINT: NOT the same as emotional eating…we’re talkin’ about diet mentality here.
- Why emotional eating turns into binge-eating for women with diet histories (and how to avoid this pitfall).
- How to manage food allergies, medical considerations, and other “health” choices within the context of the non-diet approach.
- How to RECOVER from a really bad binge. HINT: “getting back on the horse” (i.e. back on the diet) will probably backfire. Let’s try something else…
- Why body-image work is REQUIRED for healing binge-eating (and is the difference between those who “get it” and who don’t).
MYTHS AND TRUTHS ABOUT WEIGHT CONTROL (REQUIRED FOUNDATIONS FOR SERIOUS BODY IMAGE WORK)
- Why changing your relationship with your body is the ONLY way to change your relationship with food permanently. There is NO relief from food obsession without body image work. Period.
- How to find your “natural weight” (i.e. the weight your body wants to be and will easily be able to maintain without dieting). We’re talking about Weight Set Point Theory and its practical implications for ending the diet-binge cycle.
- How to emotionally separate weight from health; whether you currently struggle with a weight-related illness or unhealthfully obsess about making “healthy choices,” mentally compartmentalizing health and weight is critical in overcoming the crazy-around-food.
- Overcoming objections to body image work. Many of you will resist earnest attempts at body image work because you hold conscious or subconscious objections to the work (e.g. reasons you “should” hate your body or cannot practice body acceptance). Overcoming these objections is where the work really starts—and a few key insights will challenge everything you think you know about weight control, so get ready.
EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT RELEASING BODY-SHAME (AND MAYBE EVEN LEARNING TO LIKE YOUR BODY?)
- How poor body image and weight obsession is a defense mechanism you’ve been trained into practically since birth and how identifying this psychological pattern will help you break free of it.
- The difference between “body love” and “body acceptance” and how to develop skills in each.
- Why a desire for control—in various areas of life—is at the bottom of this ENTIRE PROBLEM, and how specific underlying emotions almost always trigger poor body image. It’s time to face the specific fears that underlie your obsession with thinness…and work through them to other side.
- “Practical” ways to start seeing your body differently (and a deep-dive into the only scientifically proven way to change a person’s body image).
DEALING WITH THE REAL ISSUES — HOW TO KEEP YOUR COOL IN A WORLD WHERE BODIES ARE CONSTANTLY BEING PICKED APART.
- Truthbomb? You’re not crazy; you didn’t make this shit up; people really DO judge each other on the basis of size and it’s really fucked up. So, let’s talk about it! One of the reasons traditional “body-love” programs don’t work is that they’re not discussing the pink elephant in the room: weight discrimination. A critical topic for thin, medium, and larger body types alike.
- We’re gonna talk about healthful, non-crazy-making ways to deal with people who constantly make you feel like you need to be on a diet or no one will love you (i.e. practical ways of dealing with body-shame triggers in the media, at work, or with family and friends).
- How to date (or feel good naked) in a land where we’re constantly being asked to compete with the thin ideal—a topic for both single and taken ladies alike.
- Why standing up for other women is a secret weapon in developing our own sanity around food—we are what we stand for, both in action and spirit.
I've also asked these leading experts to share their
perspectives so you can get the most
well-rounded education possible.
Andrea is a master life coach who makes “no apologies for who she is.” A Daring Way® facilitator via Brene Brown, she’ll be helping you relinquish the “S” word — shame — once and for all.
A specialist in helping those with ‘weight-related’ illnesses make peace with food, Julie will be talking about critical mindset shifts when managing illnesses like diabetes, PCOS, and more.
A body politics activist, Virgie understands the social issues involved with weight better than anyone I know, and will change your perspective on “fat issues” forever.
A pioneer of “Intuitive Movement,” Robyn helps women heal their relationship with exercise—a critical piece for those struggling to incorporate movement into the non-diet approach.
Creator of the “Body Confidence Makeover,” Summer is one of the few body images coaches out there that I fully trust. She’ll be offering specific mindset techniques for changing your relationship with the body you’re in today.
A psychologist specializing in food issues and sexuality, Deb is one of the founders of the Health at Every Size® approach, discussing the critical role of stigma-resistance in our relationship with food.
The Six Core Modules described above will be delivered through a full curriculum of recorded audio lectures and assignments. These lectures will guide you in deep healing of your relationship with food and body, with suggested resources to support your learning. Lectures will be delivered by me (Isabel) with special guests covering bonus topics. Module lectures can be streamed or downloaded to your computer, tablet or mobile device and listened to at any time.
In addition to core lectures, you’ll gain access to an extensive library of previously recorded coaching calls. Through these calls you’ll hear me apply ‘core concepts’ to the real life situations of hundreds of previous clients—advancing into more nuanced topics and practical application. The more recorded calls you listen to, the more deeply these concepts will “sink in” and transform your relationship with food and body from the root. Please note, these recordings will be available stream-only (no downloads) for client privacy and protection.
All program materials will be released in a password-protected online Members Area for Master Class clients exclusively. The Members Area houses all module lectures, hundreds of hours of recorded coaching calls, as well as suggested homework assignments and resources to assist in your healing process. You’ll receive lifetime access to this portal for at least four months, so you can move through the program at your own pace and revisit the materials.
In addition to original Master Class lectures, each module of the program will include a list of suggested “homework” assignments—including suggested reading, videos, podcast episodes and other external materials to assist in your recovery process. You’ll also find an extensive list of additional resources in the Master Class Resource Library, which is organized by topic and which you can refer to any time you need more support with a particular subject matter in the program.
YOU NEED TO GET STARTED (including login information for the Stop Fighting Food
Members Area + instructions for moving through class materials)
How long is the program?
The primary benefit of this self-paced format is that you can take as much or as little time as you need to get through the material. You’ll get access to the entire program right away, with instructions for how to go through the recordings and assignments in the Stop Fighting Food Members Area at your own pace.
For those who prefer more structure—you’ll also receive weekly emails for the first 6 weeks of your program to help keep you on track with the core six modules (which are about 3-4 hours long each). If you want to speed up or slow down from that pace, that’s totally fine—the emails are just suggestions for those who may need more accountability.
Additionally, there are tons of extra resources in the Members Area beyond the core six modules. We absolutely don’t expect you to listen to everything, but the coaching call library is available for you to use as much or as little as you need to assist in reinforcing the material.
What if I have an eating disorder?
This program is NOT a substitute for clinical treatment of eating disorders or any mental or physical illnesses. If you are clinically underweight, are struggling with purging behaviors (e.g. vomiting, using laxatives, etc.), are using controlled or illicit substances without the supervision of a doctor, or are in anyway concerned for your physical safety, I urge you to call a licensed mental health professional or physician as soon as possible.
If you’re currently taking medications that interfere with appetite regulation, or have questions about whether or not this program is right for you given your medical history, please email firstname.lastname@example.org so we can discuss your unique situation in more depth.
If you have been previously diagnosed with a restrictive eating disorder, or are working with a clinical ED treatment team, please discuss this program with your treatment team before enrolling, and get in touch so we can best determine if this program is right for you.
What if I have medical restrictions around food?
This program does not condemn nor prescribe any particular foods or food choices. Our focus will be healing your mental and emotional relationship with food, so that you can make empowered health choices for yourself without the disruptive influence of diet mentality.
If you have specific dietary requirements that have been prescribed by a health professional, this program will not interfere.
What if I'm out of the country?
All components of this program are fully virtual and can be completed from anywhere with an internet connection!
What if I’m not sure this is right for me?
Because you will gain immediate access to all lectures and program materials as soon as you sign up, I’m not able to offer refunds or “trial periods” for this particular program.
This is one of those situations where you need to feel into your gut and make a decision about whether or not you think this program is worth the investment—for the possible reward of a truly new and different relationship with food and your body.
If you have a specific concern, question, or would like to discuss your unique situation with my team in more depth, feel free to email email@example.com and we’d be happy to answer your questions via email.
I also highly recommend checking out the client stories page to best determine in advance that you’re in the right place.
YOU NEED TO GET STARTED (including login information for the Stop Fighting Food
Members Area + instructions for moving through class materials)